Fat Head: The inability to see ourselves realistically or judge our body size accurately.
Most emotional eaters suffer from Fat Head; we think we look fat when we really look OK, or we think we look OK while our weight is creeping up higher than we realize.
Our body consciousness plays an important role in our inability to lose weight. We have other ways of thinking that also interfere with our health goals.
Learn about how our consciousness affects our body size, eating habits and experiences in life on this new episode. It’s time to grow out of Fat Head!
Why consciousness is necessary to overcome emotional eating
- 03:58 Consciousness is defined as being aware of others and yourself – of what you are thinking, feeling and doing.
- 05:50 When you’re not conscious about what you’re doing, it’s very easy to end up overeating without even realizing it.
- 07:24 Consciousness can tell when you’re really hungry and when you’re emotionally hungry.
- 09:20 Overeating helps emotional eaters to stay unconscious and not have to deal with difficult feelings.
The inability to see ourselves realistically or judge our body size accurately. [12:20]
- 13:06 If you’ve got the consciousness of a fat person, you will never be able to become a thin person.
- 22:39 Even if you manage to lose weight, if you still have the fat consciousness, you’ll just put it back on.
- 24:01 If you’ve had a weight problem for many years, it sometimes becomes part of your identity.